CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 1, 2009

GOD CHILLS

Looks like I completely missed posting in the month of April. I hope to do better in May.

Today when I opened my mailbox I had a card addressed to me from Grayson KY. I immediately knew who it was from and knew it contained something special but I was not prepared for the chills I physically experienced when I opened the envelope. Tammy, a friend I have never met but know ( if you are a blogger, this makes perfect sense to you !) had sent me a coin from India called a RUPEE. The coin is special because there is a "THUMBS UP" engraved on each RUPEE.

THUMBS UP is a very important sign to Tammy and her family. You see her son NICK lost his 6 year battle against brain cancer on 11-29-2008. And THUMBS UP was Nick's sign and God's sign to Nick and his family it seems. One day Nick's grandmother photographed a THUMBS UP cloud in the sky. You can read lots of other THUMBS UP stories and learn about Nick's courageous journey at www.nick7-11.zoomshare.com. Please also visit tammy's website My heart...His words at tammynischan.blogspot.com. You will be blessed by Tammy's words as she clings to God in times of great JOY and great SORROW.

Thank you Tammy for sharing NICK with us . Praising GOD for the way He is using Nick to change lives.

4 comments:

Kim in NC said...

Don't ya just love Tammy's faith!

I can't pass on picking up a penny and thinking of Nick each time I do. I agree that if they haven't done so, people should read Tammy's blog - they will go away encouraged!

Love ya' Linda!!

Laura said...

I have missed you so much.

Love ya

LAURA

Tim and Tammy Nischan said...

Oh, Linda!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing Nick's story and I am so happy that your rupee arrived safely!!!!!!!!!

I love you and I thank you for every single prayer for our family!!!

We cherish and need every one of them!

God bless you!!

Thankful for the Power of the Cross and the Hope of Eternity!!

Tammy

Unknown said...

OOPS!!

I wanted to write from my blog connection and wrote from Nick's foundation website instead!!!

I guess God wanted that connection here for a reason!

Anyway, I love you! And again I thank you for sharing life with our family!