CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

GOD SPOKE !

I have been wrestling with how to write this and have decided I will just tell the story; hopefully, you will feel the emotions and awesome wonder of God in my words. I have my daughter Brittany's permission to share this .

Some of you know that Brittany got out of an abusive relationship a little over a year ago. She is now happy and healthy and has a boyfriend who treats her with love and respect. But our past always affects us and recently Brittany has experienced some fear and anxiety related to that former situation.

One day last week, I called Brittany at work and she sounded teary eyed and emotional on the phone.I asked if she was ok and she said she couldn't talk about it right then. If you are a mother ( or a grandmother) then you can imagine that my heart broke a little. We never want our children to "hurt".

Later that day when we talked, I was the emotional one. Here is what Brittany relayed to me....
Mom a couple of workers came to repair the central vac at work today. We were in the hall talking with them. They have done mission work in Africa and they were telling us about their experiences there and about Jesus. The phone rang at the front desk so I had to leave to answer it. Later the workers came up to me and said " Repairing the central vac is not the only reason we are here today Brittany. The Holy Spirit led us here to tell you how much God loves you."

WOW. I have prayed for Brittany to experience a "fresh wind of the Holy Spirit" and many of YOU have been praying for her too. What a powerful answer to prayer! Thank you Jesus.

5 comments:

sister sheri said...

Oh my! This is powerful! Praise God for pursuing us whenever however and by whomever He chooses!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Thanks be to God.
How blessed we are to be children of God.
And, to be mama and grandma and mother in law of three wonderful Peels.
jpw

sew or sow said...

charlotte carty

Thanks for sharing this Linda. It is delightful to hear about the things that GOD does for others. I know He is awesome to me and I love it when we can praise him together.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! God is so good. He knows what we need even before we do.

Sheryl

Jesusistheparty! said...

Just read this! Loved it!! PTL!!