CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

COUNTDOWN TO HOUSTON (Part Four)

Four weeks and counting...

One of my Christmas gifts from my mother came in three parts. The first box I opened had a tag that said CLUE #1. Inside was one of Brittany's old childhood games called DO YOU REMEMBER? The object of the game is to turn over the picture tiles two at a time and try to remember where they are to make a match. If you are my age, you may remember this as the TV game show CONCENTRATION.
Clue # 2 was hidden in an end table. It was a yellow rose in a glass vase. Clue # 3 was wrapped in a vintage Lerner's box and contained a page from an atlas map showing HOUSTON and a check to use for my trip. Because I have memorized scripture I get to go to the yellow rose of Texas state and celebrate with Beth and my fellow Siestas in Houston.
Thanks Mama and Daddy !!!

For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness", has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:6 (NLT)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 (NIV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

0 comments: