CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD

Those of you who know me know that Ernie and I rarely eat at home. We are both tired and hungry when we leave work so we often stop for supper before coming home. And we eat out on the weekend because it's the weekend. And we eat out with our friends after church on Sunday. All that adds up to lots of $$$ and calories ( not a problem for my runner husband but not so good for me).We would like to start eating at home and today we took a step in that direction. After a delicious breakfast at McDonald's ( we didn't want to go cold turkey), we went to Kroger's armed with a list and coupons. I am sure we were there for an hour but it was WONDERFUL to shop on a weekday morning. When we got home, Ernie brought everything in from the car while I cleaned out the freezer and refrigerator. If you eat at home and are well organized this probably seems odd to you. BUT it is much easier to plan meals when you don't have to guess what is in that package in the freezer AND how long has it been there! Next, I proceded to clean out my pantry ( see prior sentence)!!The fruits of our labor (mostly mine but Ernie did go with me and heunloaded the groceries) produced a delicious dinner of Minute Steak Stew, slaw, and rolls. I have chicken in the crockpot that I can take to work this week and chili on the stove that we can eat later in the week.Did you know that the grocery sells FREEZER BAGS?Well I now have several of those in my freezer and they are labeled and dated (chicken, ground beef). I also have the ingredients for some new recipes I plan to try this week.We are off to a great start. Now if I can just get the kitchen table cleared off, we will have a place to eat all this wonderful food.......

7 comments:

Laura said...

Girl, you crack me up!

It will save you $ when you cook at home. It was help wit hthe extra calories too!

I love ya!

Laura

Sheryl said...

wow, you are so easily pleased!! keep up the good work. (GET THAT TABLE CLEARED OFF)

Anonymous said...

outstanding proid of you vicky

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the laugh Linda! Now time to clean the clutter off the table-LOL!

Love ya,
Kimberly

kayro said...

Eating at home? Is this a new thing? Richard and I eat out alot to. I hate to cook. After you've tried this new concept for awhile, let me know how its working. May have to try it myself. lol

Oh and the table. Is that really for eating on?

Love ya Karen

Becca and Dee said...

Ha! We're going to domesticate you yet!!!!

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve!!!

becca

Kim said...

Girl, we must have been seperated at birth, because you just described me--I don't cook much either!!! I told Steve one time I wanted him to take me somewhere I had never been and he took me to the kitchen!! Good luck and love ya to the stars!!!
PK