CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A LOOK BACK AT 2008

It is so hard to believe that in less than 3 hours 2008 will be history.
As I reflect on the past 12 months I would like to share some ways in which 2008 was HIS STORY.

Our Baby Boomer Group at church makes an annual trip to Gatlinburg in January. This is a time of fun, fellowship, shopping, hiking, late night game playing and just spending time with each other. Each day we have an incredible program led by our friend Dulaney. We all come back refreshed and renewed and closer to each other than when we started the trip. A friend at work said she could not imagine that there were 30 people she would want to spend a weekend with in close quarters, such as our chalets. For me these 30 are not just my friends, they are my Christian family. I can't imagine NOT spending the weekend with them.
The mix of people who go is not always the same but GOD has shown up each time. HIS STORY.

In February , March, and part of April my father was very ill. He was hospitalized and had many tests trying to pinpoint his problem. At one point he got down to 128 pounds and he is 6'1". He was diagnosed with emphysema and had to sleep with oxygen, which led to lots of sleepless nights. My family, my parents' church family and my church family poured out prayers for my father. In May he was able to eat more, discontinued the oxygen, and was a new man. Through the power of prayer, GOD provided a miracle. HIS STORY.



In June Ernie and I attended ICHTHUS. We love the music, the Saturday night communion service where 20,000 people take communion simultaneously, the speakers, and just the experience of being with so many young people in the hot summer sun, praying it does not storm. Ernie also enjoys the funnel cakes. As Casting Crowns ended the concert session on Saturday night I was able to be close to the stage and the spirit of worship was palpable. GOD was worshipped for 3 days straight by young and old alike. HIS STORY.

In August I spent a weekend in the Word of GOD as only Beth Moore can teach it when I attended LPL at Southeast Christian Church in Louisville with my dear friend Karen. If you know Beth then you already know that GOD was all over the place. HIS STORY.

In November I suffered a severe dog bite to the middle finger on my left hand. Once again GOD was faithful to the prayers for healing that were lifted up by my family and friends and my finger is healing. I will not need amputation or skin grafts that the doctors had thought might be necessary. HIS STORY.

An unexpected blessing came this summer when I signed up for an online Bible Study facilitated by Beth Moore. I started studying with a group called Siestas for Him in an online forum. I never expected to have such a close bond with this wonderful group of Christian women that I have only "met" in cyberspace. We encourage, pray, support, and love one another. We "talk" to each other in a CHAT room and we have even been know to sing online! We all believe that this is a GOD thing and that He has led us to one another. HIS STORY.

These are just a few of GOD's blessings this year. Others include my family and the celebration of my parent's 59th wedding anniversary, our 29th wedding anniversary, and Brittany's 24th birthday. But I will stop here because as long as it takes me to type, it will be 2009 if I don't stop now.

May 2009 be filled with HIS STORY in your lives.

Love, LINDA

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

sounds like a great year, linda! I am looking forward to 2009

i am sure your typing ability will only continue to improve. it sure can't get worse.

love ya,
sheryl

Laura said...

Linda,

What a year! I am looking forward to what 2009 has in store for us, his story!


Love ya,

Laura

Anonymous said...

Linda - Enjoyed your summary of 2008 and His story.
Happy New Year.
Love,
Mamma

Debbie said...

Looking forward to knowing you more in 2009. I am excited for Esther to begin. Thank you for all the fun we have had so far, ready to enjoy much more!
Love and Blessings, Debbie in Tennessee