CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 25, 2010

CELEBRATING OUR JESUS YEAR HOUSTON STYLE

On January 1, 2009 BETH challenged her fellow SIESTAS to make it a JESUS year by memorizing scripture with her. Twelve months and twenty four scriptures later, 508 SIESTAS representing 42 states (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, and 22 different denominations converged on Houston's First Baptist Church to CELEBRATE with BETH, AMANDA, MELISSA, TRAVIS, and the hard working LPM STAFF. What a BLESSING as well as a BLAST!









My journey started with a Wednesday night stay at my parents' home where I enjoyed great food and hospitality before heading to the airport on Thursday morning. I boarded my Continental Flight with great expectations. I arrived at the HOUSTON OMNI on Thursday afternoon.













On Thursday night I met Jackie and Sheri while waiting for the elevator. They had an extra seat in their rental car and we made plans for Friday. On Friday I met the other member of their group, Charlotte from none other than..... LEXINGTON! On Amanda's recommendation, we headed to PAPPASITA'S for chicken fajitas. Lots of pink feather boas at the restaurant. Anne, the Siesta who came up with the idea of the pink boas to set us apart, joined us for dinner. After dinner, we headed for First Baptist Church for worship music led by Travis, teaching by Beth on PSALM 119 (Did you know it has 176 verses?), and TEXAS SHEET CAKE.


























On Saturday morning, Beth wrapped up her teaching on Psalm 119 and we broke into groups of two to say our memory verses. Charlotte and I went out in the courtyard and we said our 24 verses to each other. We all gathered back for more singing, a fun time of questions and answers with Beth and her daughters, and before we knew it the time had come to say goodbye.






Thank you Beth, Amanda, Melissa, Travis, and the LPM Staff for such a wonderful time of worship, instruction, and just plain FUN!!!
I can hardly wait for the next get together with my SIESTAS. Thanks for sharing this JESUS year with me.













9 comments:

Kim in NC said...

I.Am.Jealous.

So glad you had a wonderful time and can't wait to hear more about it!

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I feel as if I were in Texas with you.
The smiles on everyone's faces show the love of Jesus in your hearts.
Great blog.
Love,
Mamma

sister sheri said...

Linda! I miss you already! So glad that God brought us together... looking forward to more celebrations!

Debbie said...

Woohoo! Way to go, wish I could have gone, hope to hear more about the trip later. Great pictures so glad you got to see Beth up close and personal! Love and Blessings, Debbie in Tennessee

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reliving every detail as I read your story. It truly was the best of times. Thanks for sharing all your photos. Maybe I will see you around town sometime.

Anonymous said...

Charlotte left the previous post.

Yolanda said...

So much fun! Wasn't Pappasito's delicious???!!!!! Love the snapshot of you with Miss Beth, and the teaching of Psalm 119 was outstanding. Lord, I love your word!!!

Susan said...

I love your pics from Houston!
Last weekend was sooooo much fun -I am ready to do it again!

franwood said...

I just saw your great pictures of the Texas event. It must have been an unforgettable time. So glad you got to go! And congratulations on memorizing 24 scriptures! Love, Sherry