CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

LINDA IS OUT OF THIS WORLD

At least that is what my mother says. She thinks she has a perfect daughter (and I know she is talking about me because I am an only child).

But I want people to say Linda is OUT OF THIS WORLD for another reason. Here is how scripture addresses this:

  • Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2
  • What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Matthew 16:26
  • Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives... John14:27
  • In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
  • How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 1John 3: 1

My online sisters and I are working hard to lay down our wordly IDOLS so that we may look more like our Heavenly Father. We want people to see us and say " You are OUT OF THIS WORLD".

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

Great post!! You ARE out of this world. At least I think so.

Love you
Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Linda,

I like it! I hope that can be said of me, too. So glad I'm getting to know you.

Love,
Julie

Kim said...

Amen my siesta!! Here's a song---which i know you love to sing--you may not know this one though first words are This world is not my home I'm just a passin' through!! The last line--Oh I can't be at home in the world anymore. That song came to my mind when i read your blog this am!!

Thank you Ms. Linda
Love ya to the stars,
Kim

Kim in NC said...

Linda your mom must be out of this world also to have raised such an awesome daughter!

You have just the right things to say at just the right times. Such a blend of humor, sarcasm, wisdom, sympathy, gentleness and so much more!

Glad to call you friend.

Kim

Myriam said...

I love it. I am with Sheryl- Linda.

It reminds of Peter talking about us being a 'peculiar' people.

Yes- You are out of this world or at least - we all ought to be.

Blessings.

Myriam

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister!! You are "Out Of This World"!! EVEN IF--YOU ARE A CARDINAL.

God has BLESSED me in many ways. I have experienced, challenging,traumatizing obstacles (as we all have); I thought--I had nothing else to give and my strength was dwindling away, dangling by the shreds of my life.
At this lowest period in my life, God has "LIFTED ME UP"!!!

Love,
Wildcat Mom

Todd Nelson said...

Thanks for the post Linda. It is always good to be reminded that we can rise above everything that takes place here.