CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT

The title of this post comes from a saying that my friend Hope uses. Other times she will say ODD or GOD? Either way it is about us being receptive to God when He is telling us something. My friend Sheryl says that when we hear the same thing over and over that it is probably God trying to get our attention.

Today as I walked into church Randy said "I need to talk with you. We want to start a Beth Moore Bible Study here. Do you know someone who would lead it? Or would you want to lead it? And which study should we do ?"

Wow. All this on my way to sing in the choir. I told him I would think about it and get back to him.

As I was sitting in the choir I asked God to give me some direction. Was this something He wanted me to do? What study should it be?

After we sang our anthem Todd got up to preach from 2 Samuel 7:8-17. The headline in my Bible for this section of scripture is GOD'S Promise to DAVID. Todd said that we make our best choices when we are walking WITH God as David was. He said that David had a heart for God.

Wow. I had my answer. I will be facilitating Beth's study A HEART LIKE HIS but God will be leading it.

3 comments:

Paula V said...

And you know that David is the only one that God referred to as a man after God's own heart...and you are doing Beth's study A Heart like His....more non-coincidences of the situation.

I've not done that study of Beth's. I'm currently doing Living Free with my small group.

Sheryl said...

Well alright Linda!!! Great that you listen to God so quickly. Those women are going to be so blessed to have you as their leader. I am jealous.

Love ya,
Sheryl

Debbie said...

Well girlfriend, what a wonderful way for God to use you. I agree with Sheryl I will be jealous of those ladies geting to spend time with you and this wonderful study.
Love and Blessings, Debbie in Tennessee