CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Many of you know that on 11/20/08 at 5:00am I was bitten on the middle finger of my left hand while I was trying to separate two of Brittany's dogs who were fighting. The physicians I saw at the ER had me sign surgical consents for amputation of a portion of my finger because they honestly thought my wound would not heal. The factors working in my favor according to the doctors were 1. I had feeling in the flap of my finger that had been injured and 2. I am not a smoker which meant I have good circulation.

Today when I saw the plastic surgeon all the news was GOOD. My finger will not need any surgical intervention. Dr. Vasconez wants to see me next week to check my progress BUT I WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP ALL OF MY FINGER. I believe this news is a result of the greatest factor working in my favor and that is your prayers on my behalf.

Family and friends have constantly gone before God with prayers for my complete healing. Science may give more credibility to the first 2 factors listed in this post but we live by faith, not sight and I know without a doubt that God answered the prayers lifted up on my behalf.

One other thing I have learned over the last year is that our prayers can be VERY specific. God wants us to ask for what we need. My friend Sheryl did not ask for God to heal me partially so I would only need a small portion of my finger amputated; instead she asked that God heal the edges of my skin, restoring blood supply and restore my finger completely. Many years earlier Sheryl's mother prayed VERY specifically for a man to marry after Sheryl's father died. God brought the perfect person into their lives. WE are God's children . Let's ask Him for what we need specifically and then let's give Him all the glory.

Your love, care, support, and most of all your prayers mean more to me than you will ever know.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Linda,

Amen, Amen, and AMEN!
To God be the glory.

Sheryl said...

woohoo! amen, linda! praising God with ya and waiting expectantly for the next time He shows His glory.

love ya,
sheryl

Kim in NC said...

YAY!

Great news Linda!

I will have to be sure to tell Maddie - she asked about you again today - wanted to know if there were pictures of your finger!

So happy for you!

Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
You are a very special daughter.
To God be the Glory.
Love always.
Mamma