CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

THANKSGIVING AND PRAISE IN SIESTA LAND

Psalm 3: 1-4
O Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me "God will not deliver him." But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill.

Here is my paraphrase: O Lord ,Sheryl has many troubles heaped upon her. Many are saying " I feel bad for Sheryl but nothing can be done. She just has to live with her conditions.Health and happiness are just the luck of the draw. God won't deliver Sheryl.Why should He?'

NOW for the GOOD PART: Sheryl says :But you are a shield around me, O Lord: you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill.

Sheryl and her online Siestahood, as well as her family and " in person" friends have been at the throne of grace last night and this morning as Sheryl went for a procedure. We cried aloud and God answered from his holy hill. Sheryl's dizziness subsided enough for the procedure to be done and the procedure for tomorrow has been cancelled because it is no longer necessary.
Sheryl still has to wait for the biopsy results but I speak for all my Siestas when I say : THANK YOU GOD FOR HEARING OUR PRAYERS FOR SHERYL AND WRAPPING YOUR ARMS AROUND HER TODAY AND EVERYDAY. ALL THE GLORY IS YOURS. AMEN

5 comments:

Laura said...

Linda,
Thank you sweet sister for the update on Sheryl. I have been thinking and praying for her all morning.
God has done a great thing in bringing us all together.
Have a blessed day.

Kimberly said...

What a priveledge it was to come together in prayer for our sweet friend Sheryl! So glad God again showed up and worked His miracles today! Tears of joy sting my eyes as I think of His Goodness once again!

Love ya much,
Kimberly

Paula V said...

Yes, praise the Lord. Sheryl's a sweetie and a funny one.

kayro said...

Wonderful post Linda.
Love Karen

Kim said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!
Linda hope you are having a good week!!
Love ya girl,
PK